Sunday, February 3, 2013

New Year Miles

Consistency. That's my yardstick. January, in terms of said yardstick, has been a most successful month. Since Christmas, I have had 6 very solid weeks of training to hang my hat on. Given January and February would always be where the heavy lifting for Ironman Melbourne would be, I am really happy with how January went. I would have liked to get some more open water swimming in (Nowra Triathlon + One swim in Jervis Bay with JB Tri Club have been my only times!) but there's plenty more time to go.

The total training hours are a bit inflated by virture of January covering 5 'mid-week' periods where I was doing those long rides essential to Ironman. As I sit here now, there's a mere 7 weeks until race day. Yikes.
In the meantime, I'll be racing Elite Energy Pearl Izumi Huskisson Long Course Triathlon on February 17th and am really looking forward to it!

I had to have Audrey take some photos of me training for something special coming up :) Here's one:

No comments:

Post a Comment